Wednesday, January 26, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/opinion/25sloan.html?_r=1&src=tptw

Interesting article in the NY Times. Not sure how I feel about it. I do think that the development of disease has much to do with genetics and environment, so that we can't quite protect ourselves from everything.

But as I continue to manage breast cancer (see, I don't even like to fight my own body), I can't help but think that an optimistic attitude helps with compliance and better self care. Exercise and laughter leads to endorphins and stress reduction and breathing leads to reduction in cortisol.

I may be a little fuzzy headed today since I 'm on day 3 of prednisone head. And I 'm tired. I know I don't have ultimate control of the myriad of body processes, but how I think and feel helps me manage my disease outcome. Which might not be so different from what the author above is saying, or perhaps has left out of a short op Ed piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment