Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feeling better

So my post chemo cycle is like this. Morning after blah. Next two days really blah as I have prednisone head and water retention, although I stop puffing like a balloon middle of the third day. Then last night I just went to sleep and feel a lot better so far today.

It's really important to sleep, drink water, eat stuff you like that's easy. I've become enamored of oatmeal with butter and cheese on those days and small bits of dark chocolate. Chicken soup is good too.

My mood feels a lot better too. Part of staying in the moment is recognizing you feel like crap and just letting that feeling persist. Not much you can do otherwise. Just relax, crochet, watch a funny movie but don't berate yourself for not being happy. The big difference is to let go of the crap moment when it's gone. Don't hold on to it. But realize it might come back. It is a weird place to be in.

Today the sun is shining, although we have fog and I have some energy to arrange stuff. Am thankful for that.


And I am half done with this chemo, I handled an increased dose just fine. Many good things.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eaine
    I just found your blog, in my effort to find cancer support info for English speakers living in Canton Bern - there you are and cant quite believe my luck ! I was diagnoised with Breast Cancer 4 weeks ago,I have had lumpectomy and all Lymph nodes removed and I start my first Chemo this coming Tuesday 22nd...of which I am petrified of course! But somehow we are given the strength to get through this , my feet havent really had time to touch the ground & I just take each step at a time but this period I must say is the scariest so far. The not knowing how my body is going to react to the chemo.I have beautiful long hair which doesnt make things easier . Anyway your words have helped me & please let me know if you have managed to find any good English support groups in Bern (We are in Interlaken region)keep on writing and I wish you much strength.. j X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good luckwith everything. I wish you all the strength in the world. It sucks but we get through it. There isn't a lot of English speaking stuff in Bern. But the English speaking cancer support in Geneva is great and there are folk in Basel. If you want to email me, I can give you more details about what I know.

    The hair sucks but there is a great guy in Bern who does a lot of the people here. Have you organized that yet?

    Good luck and stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps, look on my profile and you can email me.

    ReplyDelete